Monday, October 4, 2010

Life is Like a School Hallway

I never really appreciated the hallway system at a school. No one ever keeps in their lane, inconsiderate people hold up traffic because they feel the need to talk to their friends. Walls are lined with backpacks, hurdles for the desperate and brave at heart. And then we have those people who walk too slow for your busy schedule, engulfing what they can of the hallway so you may never pass. These are only my main concerns as I wander a busy hallway. Last week, I was also introduced to the random oncoming door. My arm has yet to heal.
My point being, a system can’t run smoothly if everything within it doesn't cooperate. Like a hallway, a person needs their life to run efficiently. To run efficiently, you may require to jump a few hurdles or take a while longer to think. But these things are only temporary. What you have to worry about most in life, is making too wrong a turn, a permanent decision that takes you down a dangerous path. Because like the hallway, you have the backpacks and the slowpokes, but what you never want to run into is a speeding metal door.

No comments:

Post a Comment