Friday, October 1, 2010

1:36 A.M.

1:36 A.M. This is a horrid time, an interlude between work and sleep. It is a restless time, a time when the Sandman’s spell is imminent, yet he taunts you with the nightmare of knowing. It is a time of pain and sweat, a time of tears. This, my friends, is the time I lay awake. I lay awake, and with no feeling, I write. This is hell’s passionate kisses, the Devil’s silver tongue. But with no God, no slavation, I am forced to write. Sunlight is rearing it's selfish head in the horizon, and I know I have failed. A pile of unfinished homework lays beside me, and a foolish Sandman grins his gritty teeth. Tomorrow will be another sleepless night, another interlude. I hope aduldhood brings a truck of sand with it, or at least a truck less of homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment